Work Permit
Work Permit
Work Permit
Work Permit

Work Permit

Canada is economically developed country with a broad range of opportunities both for blue and white collars. Foreign workers may obtain not only valuable experience working with North-American professionals and stable revenue inflow, but even Canadian permanent residence through available multiple federal and provincial immigration programs if they meet certain conditions.

For most foreign workers who wish to work in Canada on a temporary basis obtaining of a job offer from a Canadian employer and Work Permit is a requirement before they can start working (Employer-specific Work Permit).

The process starts with the stage where the employer, who would like to hire a foreign worker to fill temporary labour and skill shortage, applies for a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada – a document allowing him to hire the temporary foreign worker over Canadian or permanent resident available for the same position. Once positive LMIA is granted, the foreign worker having both – a job offer and LMIA – can apply for Work Permit.

Work Permits may be issued by Canadian immigration officials without the LMIA requirement in a limited number of situations, as follows:

  • Under international agreements, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA);
  • Due to the significant economic, social or cultural benefits the work activity will bring to Canadians;
  • As part of reciprocal agreements Canada and its provinces/territories have entered into with other countries, such as youth and teacher exchange programs;
  • So that international students studying in Canada can fulfill academic requirements, known as co-op placements;
  • To allow the spouses/common-law partners of Work Permit and certain Study Permit holders in Canada to work in Canada;
  • Because the nature of the work is charitable or religious;
  • In recognition that certain persons in Canada for reasons other than the above-mentioned, such as the making of a refugee claim, need to support themselves.

Under Canadian immigration regulations you do not need LMIA and the job offer when you are applying for Open Work Permit – a work permit that is not job-specific. To be eligible for Open Work Permit, you must be in one of the following categories (additional requirements apply):

  • Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
  • Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
  • Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
  • Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
  • Some temporary resident permit holders, or
  • Some young workers participating in special programs.

There are also categories of specialists that are Work Permit exemptions:

  • Academic examiners and evaluators
  • Aviation accident or incident investigators
  • Business visitors
  • Civil aviation inspectors
  • Clergy
  • Crew members
  • Convention organizers
  • Expert witnesses or investigators
  • Emergency service providers
  • Foreign representatives and their family members
  • Foreign government officers
  • Health care student
  • Judges, referees and similar officials for international amateur competitions
  • Military personnel
  • News reporters, film and media crews
  • Performing artists
  • Public speakers
  • Students working on/off campus.

​Caregiver Programs
If your passion is to take care about people around you, you may also turn it into opportunity to temporarily work in Canada.
Caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children or people with high medical needs (elderly people or those with disabilities or chronic disease) on live-out and live-in basis. Meeting the requirements of one of the Caregiver programs (Caring for Children Pathway, Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway, Live-in Caregiver Program) can also lead you to your Canadian permanent residence.

International Experience Canada
If you are young, versatile individual who wants to explore Canada by traveling and working at the same time – International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young people the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. IEC is available in countries and territories that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada. If your country of citizenship does not have an agreement with Canada, you may be able to use a Recognized Organization to come to Canada under IEC.

Our Services
We provide assistance with:
– any Work Permit application (job-specific, open work permits)
– LMIA application (for employers)
– Employer Portal: enrolment and usage
– Job Offer preparation
– Extension of your Work Permit
– Restoration of your temporary resident`s status as a worker (when the status was lost by exceeding of the authorized period of stay in Canada)

Please be advised that we do not provide Job search services and currently do not cooperate with any Employment Agency.

Contact us for initial assessment and consultation
Message Message
Skype Viber Whatsapp Facebook VKontakte